Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Weekend Project

My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner, along with some rolls, a pumpkin pie and a scratch pumpkin cheesecake!


Kelly's Aunt Rita has commisioned us to build her a 12'x12' shed. I didn't get a picture of what it first looked like, but rest assured it wasn't easy to clear the area. After some work with the chainsaw, 3 trailer loads of branches and brush were hauled away, by myself and LeAnn. Brent and I dug the holes for the footings, occasionally being spared by Kelly. We took a break for Thanksgiving dinner then went right back out. Kelly and Brent mixed the concrete while I supervised (mostly I was avoiding his cousins) and filled the footing tubes.






They weren't quite dry enough to build on Friday, so I put togther the joist hangers while Kelly and Brent made trusses. Today we really got things going. Kelly and I mounted the joist posts and then all three of us put in the joists.
















I finished nailing the trusses together while the boys fought to make the whole thing square, then we put on some glue and put down the floor sheeting. Kelly nailed everything down while Brent and I got it into place. Next, Kelly laid out the walls and they just flew up. We got three done today.


Wall #1
















Wall #2



Wall #3
















Here, Aunt Rita and cousin Hayden came out to inspect the work.

1 comment:

Mande Browning said...

So basically, what you're blog is saying to me is that YOU single handedly built the shed. Quite impressive!