Thursday, September 4, 2008

Woes of the Working Mother

Having worked 3 full days so far, I've come to a conclusion: bills suck. I miss my baby and I hate working till 11 o'clock every night. In all fairness, the shifts pass quickly and they need me there, but it's still hard. I only see Kelly for a few minutes in the morning while I feed the baby before he goes to work, for about 45 minutes on my lunch break, and from when I get home till he dozes off. Maybe a grand total of an hour and a half a day. I don't like this game. It'll get better eventually, but for now it really sucks.
Honestly, how could you not miss this face?

We tried a new tactic with getting Mei-Mei to sleep last night. Kelly started her bedtime routine: bath, bottle, book, at 7 rather than 9 or 9:30. He said it was hard to let her cry, but when I got home she just fussed for about a half hour then slept till 6 this morning. I think. There may have been a 3am feeding in there, but I honestly don't remember. I'm still frazzled from the last few nights when she wouldn't go to sleep till 3am, but still woke up at 6, then would fuss till 8 and then sleep till noon.

She's waking up now for her mid-morning snack. She usually wakes up pretty happy, unless she's really hungry. Right now she's in and out and just happy to be here. What an angel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was your rich old aunt and had millions to give you so you didn't have to leave that sweet little face. Hang in there I promise from what others tell me it will get easier.
oxoxo Aunt Natalie

The Hendrys said...

I know you hate leaving that sweet little face, but what would Granny do without seeing her everyday. We love you and know things will get easier. Grandpa just sits and watches her and comments every little move she makes.

Ryan and Megan said...

WELCOME TO MY LIFE SARAH! Except it was Ryan working a million jobs and i am bringing in money here or there and not getting out of the house and my only human contact is Addie.
Keep up the good work! This is life with a baby, i can't understand HOW (not why) people have a 2nd.... wheres the time?