Friday, April 3, 2009

That Was So Fun, I Think We Should Do It Again In 4 Months!

We are moved. We forgot our linens the first night and ended up sleeping in our sleeping bags with laundry for pillows. Anni had all of her stuff though. I made sure I knew exactly where it was. Not the case with our things. I still can't find stuff (it took 3 days to find my socks) and still haven't gone grocery shopping or even emptied our our bins of dry foods, but we're here. It's taking some getting used to, but it's a nice place in a good neighborhood. The commute is a pretty annoying, but it gives me a little time to wind down after work.
The move itself did have some funny moments, resulting in a few memorable quotes:
"The blinds work fine, so long as you don't touch them."
"How can something so little stink so bad?!"
"I think I blew an O-ring!"
"I've got to get my O-rings tightened before we lift that again."
Anni has warmed up to Ross and seems to enjoy having another person around to dote on her. She's learned to sit up by herself. I put her in bed, on her back, a few nights ago, went to check on her a half hour later, and she was sitting up in the corner grinning from ear to ear. She was so proud of herself, I just had to pick her up and cuddle her. She'll do it a few times everyday, especially when we put her in her crib and she's not pass out tired. She rolls over onto her tummy and worms her little legs underneath her, pushes up with her arms and just kind of tips backward. I don't think she knows exactly how she's doing it, because she always seems surprised.
She loves to play peek a boo, especially when she gets to control the blanket (or pajama pants, as the case may be).

No comments: