Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our New Home

Bye-Bye Grandma and Grandpa
We have arrived. The trip was long and boring, but we made it without incident. We left at 9:30pm, drove through the night and arrived at our new apartment at about 1:30pm. We unloaded everything and just kind of crashed. We've been putting everything away through the week and just have a few clothes and odds and ends left. Kelly's parent's, Ross, Lesa, and Nate came up with us. We couldn't have done it without them, they were just awesome.
The view from our side balcony
Looking from our living room toward the kitchen and hallways Grandma and Anni in baby's room Our room and bathroom
Our living room
Lesa in our tiny kitchen
Anni is having a hard time adjusting, but it getting better now. She's finally figured out that she has free run of the house and can go where ever she wants.
We live right next door to a nature preserve, so we go walking there almost every night.
I got the job at the Lowe's in Portland, it's my same position, so I'm really happy about that. I start on Saturday.
Kelly had his orientation on Monday and got his uniforms. He starts class on Monday, he's really excited.
Kelly got me a webcam for my birthday, so we are set up on Skype. Video chats await!

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

It looks like you guys are in a nice place. We're jealous of the climate your in for sure.
Good luck with your new job and school!

La Rae said...

Your apartment looks really nice. Love Kelly's uniforms. Good luck! xoxo
La Rae

The Hendrys said...

The apartment looks great, I am sure you will be very happy, Annie too. To have Skype you are right up there with Oprah!!

The Ryans said...

The apartment looks great - Anni will adjust to everything before you know it. Good luck Kelly and just think how much more you're going to learn Sarah with the new climate and all.
oxoxox
I have a web cam on my computer but I've never tried using it. I guess I'll have to figure it out.