Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom!!
Today is my Mom's birthday, so I felt as though I should dedicate a blog to her for being such an amazing mother.

Good mothers beget good mothers, so I'm feeling pretty good about the arrival of my daughter.


Mom has supported every big decision I've ever made.



Mom never hesitates to laugh with us or at us when we deserve it.

Finding pictures of Mom can be a challenge, because she usually hides from the camera.



For the past 28 years Mom has taken care of us. She would always stop and buy us a slurpee when we had to go to the doctor for any reason. She made us a good dinner almost every night, even though I was/am ridiculously picky and usually complained. She washed all of our clothes, even Kelly's when he'd get sprayed by a skunk.

She came to every extra curricular event we had: swim meets, basketball games, band concerts, plays, award ceremonies, and all of our varying graduations.
She accepted all of our friends growing up, even the ones that annoyed her, and gave us a lot of independence.
Now, she has lovingly accepted all of our spouses as family and still gives the independence we need with a good dose of mothering when we need that.
Mom showed me that there is no reason to be anyone other than who you are.

Forgive me for not making this longer and more heartfelt, but I've got the flu. My wonderful mother is going to bring me some shower tablets to clear my head though.

4 comments:

The Ryans said...

What a beautiful birthday present for your mom. you are such a sweet daughter. I think you have a terrific mother too and not because she is my sister but because she has raised 3 wonderful children.
hope you guys are enjoying your new apt. xoxox
Aunt Natalie

The Hendrys said...

OH Sarah, that was so sweet, I can't think of a better compliment to give to your Mom. Your parents have done a great job raising their children, and I am sure you will do the same with your's they are good teachers.
Get well soon, I love you,

Grandma

Steve and Cindee said...

Thank you for the wonderful Birthday present. You make me blush with all the sweet flattering things you said.

Mande Browning said...

This is totally sweet! I agree. I've always admired your mother. She is an amazing person and I think she and your dad have done a wonderful job raising you guys!