Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I think I hate unpacking even more than I hate packing. Kelly said it wasn't so bad, kinda like Christmas, because you get to open boxes and find things you didn't know you had. Bear in mind he only unpacked a hand full of boxes. I had a couple of days off, so I unpacked the majority of them. I'll post pictures when we finally finish unpacking and get all the picture hung. I had no idea we had so much junk. He says its like we're still at Mom and Dad's because he doesn't know where anything is, but there's less food here and it's warmer.
I love you Mom and Dad, and really, really appreciate you letting us stay with you, but holy cow, your house is always cold.
The neighbors are pretty quiet and the area is nice. I just have a short walk across the street to go to work, so that's a definite perk. We're far enough off the main road that we don't get any noise from Washington Blvd or from Harrisville Rd.
Work is going well for me. We finally have finished setting up the store and are doing a few days of training before the varying Grand and Soft Openings during the week of the 27th. My department still needs some work, but my plants are all going to be delivered next week, so that should take care of it.
Kelly likes his job, but was miserable this week. He's got the nasty flu going around. Again. We had to take him to Instacare last night because he's developed an ear infection with it. He got ear infections a lot as a little kid, and still has problems with them. I didn't get them much, so I'm hoping our little girl takes after me in that aspect.

1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

Isn't it crazy, here it is the end of April and we are still worrying about the cold. Feels like January, and I agree your Mom and Dad could turn up the heat a little bit, but not like grandpa he has a roast going on here, you have to prick yourself to see if you are will done.

Let me know went we can come see your new apartment.

Granny