Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Preggy + Work = Tired Sarah

So, the Grand Opening for my store is tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. The way my schedule worked was that I had last Saturday off, then worked 10 straight days till next Wednesday. I was pushing too hard to get my garden center set up and was burning out, so my managers let me take today off after I watered my houseplants to recoup for the craziness that is going to start tomorrow.
I kinda feel like I'm leaving my team high and dry, because there's so few of us, but the baby comes first. One of my girls made that very clear yesterday. She's mom's age, and asked if I'd taken a break. I laughed and told her that breaks implied that I had 3 seconds to breathe. I got in trouble and she made me go sit down.
I've been dragging the past few days and was worried that if I kept pushing that hard I'd end up on bed rest. I basically collapsed when I got home and slept for 3 hours. I keep thinking that there's so much I need to do around the house, but no. I got the day to rest, so I'm going to rest. Except for doing laundry, because nobody likes smelly employees.


1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

my dear little sarah, i want you to know i beleive in you, and if you never get your masters, you will do what is the right thing for you, kelly and you little one. you are a smart girl, and we never know what path life will lead us down; but what ever one you choose i am sure it will be the right one.

I Love You

Granny Sonia