Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Shower, Part 1

On Saturday, Mom, Aunt Natalie, and Grandma Sonia threw a baby shower for me. Although there were a lot of last minute cancellations, we had a good turnout, and had a really good time.
My friend, Lyndee, was right on the money with her guess of how big around my belly is. Grandma is measuring every one's guesses.

I won the baby trivia game, Aunt Shirley won the baby in an ice cube game, Sherri kicked our butts in the word scramble, and Aunt Cloann won the memory game. Here we are all deep in thought.It was really nice to see everyone. I haven't seen Aunt Susan since my wedding and Aunt Carla and Cloann for at least 3 or 4 years. The food was wonderful and I couldn't be happier with how everything went. We've got almost everything we need for the baby. I think. The few things we're missing I think we'll get at the shower Kelly's family is doing for me this Saturday. Everyone has been so generous and so happy for us. We really couldn't ask for more.

Everything still seems a little surreal, even though the baby could be here any day. I doubt she'll be early, but if she is, we're ready, materially, now.


1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

OH Sarah why would anyone take a picture of anyone backside, maybe it looks better than the front side. LOL

Love you honey, and yes it was a nice shower. The ones who didn't come missed out.