Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3rd Month Pediatrician Visit

We took Anni in to the doctor today in an attempt to figure out her tummy problems. She looks healthy, feels healthy, and acts healthy. She weighs 11 pounds and 4 ounces, so in the 25th percentile for weight. Dr. Qader says she's gaining weight right on track, so he's not worried about any nutritional inadequacies from puking so much. She's had a cold, so that could be part of the problem lately. With the mucus in her throat her first instinct is to puke it up. He says that if we're really concerned about it, he can call and set up the esophageal scope without any problems, but he doesn't feel like there's enough of a problem to warrant it. Babies just puke. He's loathe to put her on any medications that she doesn't absolutely need, and I agree. He told me to try and only feed her 2 ounces at a time, but to do it every hour and a half to see if that would help. I tried, but she wasn't having any of that. A really cranky 15 minutes was all the pause I could get out of her. She's just so miserable after she eats, and I wish I could do something to help. Unless it gets worse we're either going to have to wait until she grows out of this or find an other doctor. I like our doctor, and don't want to go to another one that will just rely on pills to fix everything. My next guess is to try and cut things out of my diet and see if it helps at all.

1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

Sarah I am with you, no sense medicating her, that is what is wrong with this old world. A pill for everything. I never thought about the mucus that could be why she has been worst lately. We will work through this and she will be fine. Mucus even makes Grandpa puke. We had to stop on the freeway coming home from Idaho because he had flem in his throat and it was going to make him spew.