Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's Official.
At the last minute, Minnesota pulled out. They blamed 2 low grades for the decision. I don't think Dr. Watkins was responsible. I think a higher up told him no and he didn't have a good enough argument to save my chances. Now we're trying to re-evaluate and adjust our plans for the next 3 years. We are going to stay in Logan until the baby is born, in the apartment we're in. We're planning to buy some furniture of our own and make this place home. Next spring, we're going to follow work. If it leads us closer to Salt Lake, Kelly's going to try to go back to school and I'm going to start applying for other Master's programs. If it keeps us in Logan, we're going to do the same, just at USU rather than U of U.
Paul is willing to keep me at the farm until the baby comes, and Hyclone wants me to stay with them, I don't know for how long. I'm almost positive I'm going to have to go back to work after my 6 weeks of maternity leave is up, as we can't really afford to live on one paycheck. If I stayed at Hyclone, that would be possible. Not so much at the farm, I'd have to find something else. Kelly and I will need to work opposite shifts to take care of the baby, so I may need to find a job that allows me to work evenings anyway.
That's what we're sitting on at the moment. It was a tough break, but at least we'll be close to home and the baby will have all of our extended family close by. I'm sure something will come up, and everything will work out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well everything happens for a reason ;) I'm sure you guys will find something great, let me know if you need any help at all!

The Hendrys said...

It is to cold in Minnesota anyway, Jodi S. on channel 13 said it was 44 below in Minneaplois the other night. Remember if one door closes another one opens.

Mande Browning said...

Bummer Sarah! Just keep your eyes open and your mind clear...the right opportunity for you will come along when you least expect it!

Steve and Cindee said...

Now you'll be able to truly enjoy the baby. You won't have to worry about being a Mom, keeping your grades up, and managing whatever project they would have had you working. Did you talk to Paul about maybe just working part time? That way you could stay at Hyclone especially if there's a change for benefits. Does Hyclone have a 2nd shift or educational benefits?