Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tales from the Cubicle

I talked to my boss at Hyclone today about staying there through the summer or longer. He says that once this new program is up and running (April-ish) they may not even have a place for me. The new system is supposed to reduce the need for temps. It may take a few extra months to get everything functional, so they may be able to keep me through some of the summer, or longer, but he just doesn't know. I asked about being hired on and getting benefits. He says he'd love to be able to, but the only way he could was if someone else left. They all seem pretty comfortable.
I've got an appoinment on Monday to go talk to Paul about what he's going to do with me at the farm this summer, if I go that route.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, just a thought if you go back to the farm is there any chance you could be exposed to any type of chemicals that could or might be dangerous for the baby and of course yourself. Maybe I just worry too much but I was just curious.
Love
Aunt Natalie

Sarah Paskett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Paskett said...

Nope. I'll be perfectly safe. I know what all the chemicals are and where they are. Everything is stored very carefully. Any spraying that does need to be done (which is rare) will be done by Bryan.

Chelsi Archibald said...

Sarah, I think if going to the farm is what you love then you should do it! You only get to live once on this earth :)

The Hendrys said...

Sarah sounds to me like you boss at Hyclone is just jerking you around. These businesses have no regard for temps. I used to see what happened to them at Cerrowire. They just wanted them around while the need was there and then it was bye, bye.
Have you thought of looking for something down here. You could probably find something with benifits. How about IRS, that job has been great for you mom. Maybe next summer 2009 you could find a job at a Golf Course. There are a lot of them here.

Anonymous said...

i figured you knew what you were using - that makes me feel better.thanks sarah
love aunt natalie

Ryan and Megan said...

i suppose thats why they call you a temp. I am sure you guys will figure this out. Ryan is able to support our family and go to school full time. good luck