Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Woes of the Flu

The nasty flu that's been going around has reached the Paskett household. Kelly got it. He's been absolutely miserable since Wednesday night. He had a fever of 102 all day Friday, and it finally broke sometime that night. He's been coughing so bad neither of us are sleeping. He's finally started to cough things up, so I think it's clearing out of his system.
There isn't much in this world that is more pitiful that a sick man that knows his wife is going to have pity on him and baby him if he whines. I usually don't mind, as Kelly is generally only down for a day, two at the most when he get sick. It's been four days now, and my sympathy is running short. Mostly I'm just cranky because I'm pregnant and have been constantly cranky for the past 17 weeks, but also I know I'm gonna get his flu. The problem with that is: I can't take any of the good medications, I'm the steady paycheck till the snow melts, and my temper is already shorter than it should be.

1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

Mellow out my love, if this is the wicked flu they have been talking about on tv you get pretty sick and just when you think you are getting better you get worst. You may not get it you have all those great pregnancy vitamins in your system, and I am sure their is something you can take if you come down with it. CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

Wishing you the best Granny

By the way I went back to work at Cerrowire part time today. 3 days a week 6 hours a day, and I am so happy!