Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Day with Annika

I thought I would blog the play by play of my Wednesday off with Anni. I think it'll be interesting for parents to see how their kids compare and for non-parents to get a glimpse of a typical day.

12:30 AM: Anna finally fell asleep for the night.

3 AM: Fussed for a minute, went back to sleep.

6 AM: Cried for about 5 seconds, fell asleep again.

7:45 AM: Woke up for breakfast and a diaper change.

8 AM: Finished her bottle, fell asleep.

9 AM: Woke up, ready for cuddles.

9:30 AM: Fell asleep in my arms, so I put her down and started the laundry.

10:30 AM: Awake and ready for her second breakfast and in need of a new diaper.

11 AM: Quick breakfast for mom while making funny faces at the munchkin.

11:15 AM: First spit-up of the day. Looks like I'm going to be washing my pajama pants, sweater, and bedspread. Two more spit ups promptly followed while I changed the laundry.

11:45 AM: Anna started fussing and grumping from a sour tummy. (I can tell it's a bad belly because she's burped, but keeps spitting up.) Cue the warm rice pack on the tummy.


11:50 AM: She's asleep. Probably just a cat nap, but I can get started on the dishes now.

12:20 PM: She's awake and after a diaper change, is, for the moment, happy to sit up against Mommy's pillow and watch the TV flicker and mom fold clothes.

12:40 PM: Anni's sick of sitting, so I laid her down on the bed with her gym and she's happy again. She scratched her cheek so I clipped her nails, which she doesn't like much because it requires holding still. I usually wait till she's asleep, but she was in a good mood, so I just did it quick. Now for a laundry switch and a stove top scrub while she's still amused with the gym.

1:10 PM: Fussing is promptly resolved with her lunchtime bottle.

1:25 PM: More spit-up. A new burp cloth is required.

1:50 PM: Another sour belly. A new diaper and warm rice pack later, she's fairly happy again.

2:25 PM: Sound asleep for her afternoon catnap. Time for a quick shower for Mama..

2:55 PM: Awake, smiling, and farting. She is her father's daughter.

3:15 PM: My little monster decided to start crying, only stopping when picked up and carried
around. Instead, she's getting a bottle then a trip to the grocery store.

4:00 PM: She fussed all through the store. I don't blame her, I hate Walmart too.

4:55 PM: She's done nothing but cry since we got home. She fusses while I hold her, cries and screams if I set her down. A diaper change didn't help. Either she's got an upset tummy, is tired, or is getting Kelly's nasty cold.

5:05 PM: Still crying. Temperature is 98.7, so she's not sick yet.

5:10 PM: Sleeping. She was just tired and cranky.

5:35 PM: Awake and much happier, hope she stays that way while we eat dinner.

5:50 PM: She was good while we ate, but now is crying again. She stopped after her dinner bottle.

6:10 PM: After some spitting up and another blanket that has to be washed, it's tummy time!

6:55 PM: She's been such a good girl. She played with us and then she rolled over! It took a fart and a grunt to get her over the edge, but she did it all on her own!

7:05 PM: Switch the laundry, then it's funny noise time while Mommy folds clothes.

7:26 PM: Maybe not. Switching the laundry turned into cleaning the kitchen, again. Funny noises with Daddy turned into nose vomit, mom's side of the comforter needing more of a wash, another vomit covered blanket, and a diaper and onesie change.

7:35 PM: Now funny noise time.

7:55 PM: Bath time!

8:10 PM: In her bed, half asleep. I'm kinda doubting it'll last.

8:35 PM: Awake and wanting dinner.

9:00 PM: Bottle is finally gone, baby is back in bed. So begins the nightly bedtime battle.

9:35 PM: Still awake, attempting a diaper change to get her to sleep.

9:40 PM: Spit up requiring pajama change.

9:45 PM: More spit up, another blanket to be washed and boogers to be sucked.

10:20 PM: Starting to fall asleep on Daddy's chest.

10:35 PM: Still awake. I'm hoping another diaper change and the rice pack will work.

10:45 PM: No luck. We're going for a car ride.

11:15 PM: Sound asleep at last.
Hopefully that was educational or at least interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that one day you will miss this routine?? : )

la rae

The Hendrys said...

Maybe the day light saving time has thrown her off schedule. I know it sure has me.... You know how it goes I'm old and she is young, could have the same effect.

Gramma

The Ryans said...

Glad it's you and not me....hahaha although I'm sure one little smile and you forget the all day spitting up. ;o)

Ryan and Megan said...

All that sleeping sounds pretty good! It doesnt sound much different than my old schedule, except i had a nap routine. Remember when she cries its just her way of communicating, that always helps me keep my sanity. It just keeps getting harder and more fun all at the same time. Enjoy this time because when its gone and she is running away from you and telling you "no no" you will long for these days of spit up and bed time car rides. (but of course its all worth it)

*~*Linz*~* said...

This is why I don't have babies as of yet...I am still working on the whole patience thing...